Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fruit of the Spirit

I suppose its my age, but I have always believed that when scripture talks about "the fruit of the Spirit" it had to with a person and the effects He would work through us as humans. Although, unseen, He has always been believed, by me at least, to be just as real and important as the other members of the Trinity. As such I have always believed that to say frivolous, unkind, joking kinds of things about Him is not really a good idea. Somewhere I think I read something along the lines that by so doing one would not be forgiven. Apparently I got it all wrong. This Pastor? seems to think selling and promoting commercial products in His name is alright. After all, she say's she is promoting a healthy life-style. Here again my age is telling. I thought we were supposed to tell people about their lost condition under sin and the saving grace purchased by Jesus Christ on the cross. Anyway, watch the video and make up your own mind.


Hat Tip to Covenant Theology

No comments: