Monday, May 10, 2010

This is interesting

Time Challies recently ran a poll asking what Bible translation people used for private study. The results are interesting. Of 2222 respondents over 64% use the English Standard Version. The King James Version is used by only 3%. Recently we had a seminar at my Church about the KJV and why it superior to the others. The presenter of the seminar had many apparently scholarly reasons why we should prefer the KJV. I believe most of his points were accurate and have decided that is the version I will stay with. Having said that, there are times when I use the ESV for various reasons. Anyway, here is Challies' chart (I hope he doesn't mind my posting it) and the link to his entire post. Click on the chart to enlarge it.
 Link to Tim Challies Article

No comments: